Saturday, July 31, 2010

The adventures continue...

It's 12:25am.
Today is Saturday.
...the day that all the Czech students arrived.
And in all seriousness, IT. WAS. FANTASTIC.
I had already thought of expectations in my head of how today was going to play out, and to my relief, God took those and threw them out the window. These kids are so great. Now, I say kids, but some are as young as 14, and others are 20 and older...even married, training to be nurses, doctors and teachers...coming to an english camp, where an insignificant team of people get to be apart of that opportunity.
Sounds like a blessing to me.
Each of us here shares a room with a Czech, except for the boys, who have 5 or 6 to a room. I have the privilege of sharing a room with an 18 year old girl named Tereza. Although tonight is just the first night, and she's asleep in the bed next to me, I have a feeling like this is going to be such an amazing opportunity. She has never been to English camp before, and has no friends here. She follows me around, and waves to me from across the room when we're not together. Take all those different scenarios, and it forms into an amazing opportunity to share the love of Christ!
I am personally so blessed to be here, and although homesickness has kicked in at times from thinking, or reading letters from my sisters, being tired and weariness has overcome, or trials have come my way, I can rest in the fact that this opportunity is unlike anything else, and God has provided it for a specific purpose. As the 10 of us from Salem Heights met this morning for a meeting, we were throughly encouraged by the fact that we can pray at anytime to our Heavenly Father, and he can and will provide everything we need. It's so easy for us to be able to come to Him with any concern or need we have!
2 Corinthians 12:9 says, "But He said to me, My grace is sufficient for you, for My power is made perfect in weakness. Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me."
Continue to pray for us, as English classes start tomorrow at 9:00am. We are confident of the fact that God will continue to provide the strength and the energy to keep us on our feet.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement, and we look forward to seeing you all soon!
In Him and FOR HIM, Caley and crew

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HEY!! CLASS IS ALMOST IN SESSION!! You are probably eating meat, veggies, and bread for breakfast, the breakfast of God's Champions, and you are probably about to brush your teeth. I didn't want to brush my teeth today so I didn't. BUT...I think I will go do that now. It is 9:34pm now, and I am still taking pics of my 'adventure' here :) Someday, I might even get to go to Europe too! That would be cool. Welp, I'm praying for you and everywhere I go I tell people to pray for you...guys!! haha. Job 37:14 it up today.Stop and Consider God's wonders! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This made me smile. But, we've already talked, so there isn't much that needs to be said other than THANKS. ;)

    ReplyDelete